DVD – Building up the Joy Car Dodgems
In its heyday, Robert Edwards & Sons 30 car Dodgem track was one of the largest and most ornate travelling. A product of Orton & Spooner in 1930, the ride was rebuilt several times, with new scenery added in the 1950s and decorated by the legendary firm of Hall & Fowle. One of the final modifications was the fitting of an aluminium bottom by Supercar Ltd in the 1970s.
In 1995 the Dodgem was acquired by the Fairground Heritage Trust for their collection, and the ride is now at the Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre in Devon.
Frank Edwards acts as enthusiastic team leader, overseeing a small team of gaff lads, as if he was open with the ride every week!
Running time approx. 95 mins (no commentary).